college central network podcast
job seekers can listen and learn via college central network’s podcast library, with more than 120 short, concise and practical career-specific topics offered.
career advice documents (cads) are text versions of the podcasts. note: these pdfs are secured and copyrighted and can therefore not be tagged by anyone but the original author, so they might not be fully accessible to assistive technologies. however, they are being offered as an alternative to the audio versions of the content.
- top 10 career tips to learn in college
- a shirt, a tie and pajama bottoms
- career portfolios: are you missing out?
- cover letters: new grads, beware!
- covid-19 and your job search
- “dear job seeker, here’s what i want”
- dress for success: the feeling is neutral
- exit interviews: staged right
- ghosting, and other job search sins
- how to stand out in a group interview
- listen up! no, really: listen!
- interviews: clean up! aisle 1!
- interviews: express for success!
- interviews: more smart questions to ask
- panel interviews: “multiple” is just a number
- portfolios in the digital age
- pros share post entry-level advice
- pull ahead with leadership skills
- resumes: “halt! who goes there?”
- resumes: trends and truths
- the pros and pitfalls of perks
- warm up to cold calling
- will gimmicks gimme the job?
- work and study for a passing grade
job search workshop presentation materials and handouts
additional web-based tools for job seekers
- find a job (ccn job board)
- focus 2
- interviewstream (online practice interviewing tool)
- resume assistance
- o*net interest profiler (at my next move)
- indeed.com (job search portal)
- neuvoo (job search engine)
- summer jobs
- on-campus recruiting
- on-campus jobs (work-study)
- searchable ct employer database (via ct dol website)
- ct dept. of labor (lmi)
- t.e.p.s. (ct dol site search tool for workforce training supply/demand)
- nace salary calculator
- glassdoor.com (resource for identifying salary ranges)
Programs & Events
career decision making/exploration
job search management
- resume writing tips
- resume samples
- action verbs
- skills employers want most
- cover letter samples
- thank you letter samples
- Sample Interview Q&A
- informational interviewing
- how to prepare for a job fair